Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Joining Daughters of the American Revolution

Tomorrow, I'm going to our Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR) meeting. I'm going to submit my application for membership! In order to join, I've had to prove my lineage to a Revolutionary War Soldier.

Many thanks to Cornelia Daniels, Betsy Snyder Harris, Carol Cochran, my cousin Butch George, my parents and grandparents for their help in gathering information and documents.

Once my membership is approved, I will be able to submit proof that I am descended from other Revolutionary War soldiers (I have found a total of 4 so far) and will add them to my list of soldiers.

This is all very interesting to me. I'm getting a much better idea of a historical timeline with regards to when different members of my family were alive and what was happening at those times.... My next post will be a timeline that I typed up to keep things in perspective.

Anyways, I am excited to be able to submit my application and am looking forward to joining this organization!

No comments: